Made From Scratch
We at Made From Scratch love to share what we do, what we're interested in, and the new adventures coming our way. Read through our blog and gather some event ideas, tips, recipes, and more! We hope it inspires, interests, or at least entertains you. Cheers!
DO WE DARE SAY IT?
Yes, the holidays will be here before you know it. The good news? If you're thinking about the holidays right now, you are ahead of the game! And we're here to help make celebrations and parties around the holidays a lot easier and a whole lot more fun.
Want to thank your employees this year? Throw a shin-dig for family and friends? Serve some treats at a meeting? Leave it to Made From Scratch, your go-to catering company. Whether you're in need of a simple catering delivery or a more involved, full-service catered event, we've got you covered. Contact us today to get started.
Early bird savings. Book your holiday party to take place from November 1st, 2014-January 31st, 2015, and take 10% off!! * But, you must call and book your event by September 30th to take advantage of this early bird discount.
*discount applied to food & beverage
It's easy. You can:
- Call (614-873-3344), talk details & menu with one of our Event Consultants, and we'll get started on a proposal for you right away.
- Fill out the form to the right ---> "Contact Me" and one of our Event Consultants will be in touch right away.
What criteria do you look for when searching for a venue to host your next corporate event?
- Centrally located?
- Adequate size?
- Break-out rooms available?
- Audio/Visual capabilities?
- Great food available?
We have the perfect place for you. Whether it be a sales meeting, team-building day, conference, tradeshow or fundraiser, Annunciation Banquet & Conference Center can check ALL of these criteria off the list!
Located in the heart of Downtown Columbus, Annunciation Banquet & Conference Center can hold up to 600 guests, with multiple classrooms that can be used for breakout rooms. This space is perfect for any event.
And, check this out. Are you holding a meeting or conference during business hours, Monday-Friday? Or in the evening Monday-Thursday? Annunciation Banquet & Conference Center is now offering a can't-beat rental rate.
Only $100 per room!
Contact us now to get your next corporate function on the calendar.
Made From Scratch has started a new rewards program for our clients who go the extra step to leave us a review!
Each Quarter, 1 review will be randomly selected to win a $50 Gift Certificate to Made From Scratch. Each review counts as 1 entry--so go ahead & get started here!
We've selected our first quarterly review winner!!
Are you the lucky winner of our quarterly $50 gift certificate? If you left Made From Scratch a review between April and June, it's very possible! Check out this video to find out...
Be sure to leave your next review between now and September 31st for your shot at our next quarterly review $50 winner!
In preparation for the 4th of July this weekend, check out our Pinterest Board "Red|White|Blue" for inspiration! From recipes & red, white and blue treats to decorations and tips, this board has you covered for any scratch-made Fourth celebration!!
Made From Scratch [Fine Catering & Crafted Events] is GROWING! And HIRING!
Our busy season is upon us. We're looking for some help out in the field on our wonderful events--Come party with the best in the business!
FIELD CHEF - (MADE FROM SCRATCH)
Direct Report: Executive Chef
Classification: Hourly (Part-Time)
Core Hours: AM/PM
Responsible for all food preparations, following standardized recipes, while maintaining high standards of quality. Possible assistance in purchasing, inventory, and administrative. In depth knowledge of all aspects of food preparation, sanitation, menu development and implementation.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipe measurements, requisitions, amounts, and portioning.
• Requires at least 2 years experience in a high volume kitchen. Preferably in a banquet or catering environment
• Two year culinary degree preferred
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be dependable and responsible with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills
• Operation of all standard kitchen equipment, including but not limited to; convection oven, slicer, robot coupe, tilt skillet, steamer, and mixer.
• Outstanding knife skills
• Thorough working knowledge of all food preparations, including but not limited to; garde manger, grilling, sautéing, braising, boiling, poaching, roasting, soups and sauces, and baking.
• Thorough knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
• Production and execution of all food items for event as related to assigned station
• Up hold company standards and guidelines for food preparation and presentation
• Production of the daily employee meal
• Adherence of all sanitation and safety guidelines
• Insuring that all food storage spaces are kept organized and free of debris and outdated product
• Assist in the planning and daily production of employee meals
• Working events on-site as needed
• Follow and implement kitchen opening/closing procedures
• Follow daily/monthly cleaning lists
• Consult daily with the Executive Chef to insure successful operational results
• Up hold all company rules and policies, and those implemented by the Executive Chef
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors within an environment temperature of 70-110 degrees and of -10 degrees when working in freezers for one hour or more
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced and/or mobility for up to four hours in length
• Must be able to bend, squat, and lift 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 pounds
Hourly Wage. Base hours are 8am-4pm weekdays with the occasional weekend.