Made From Scratch
We at Made From Scratch love to share what we do, what we're interested in, and the new adventures coming our way. Read through our blog and gather some event ideas, tips, recipes, and more! We hope it inspires, interests, or at least entertains you. Cheers!
WE COME BEARING FOOD
A feast fit for you and 9 friends (or more). Our Family Gathering is here just in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Spend quality time with your family and friends; leave the food preparation to us.
Available for pickup or delivery the day before Thanksgiving. Just pop the prepared food in your oven (set it and forget it!), serve when the timing is right, and enjoy.
If you bring Made From Scratch to the table this Thanksgiving, we'll take 10% off your December holiday party!
Just what the Doctor ordered.
Minimum order 10 Guests.
Available for pickup or delivery on Wednesday, Nov. 26th. Food is fully prepared. Easy reheating instructions provided--
serve when the time is right for your gathering.
Order must be placed with Made From Scratch by
Wednesday, November 19th.
HOT MULLED CIDER
$25.00 per gallon
A slowly simmered aromatic blend of Apple Cider, Cinnamon,
Nutmeg, Oranges and Cloves.
A perfect addition to any order. (Serves 20)
Call (614) 873-3344
to place your order
Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!
TIPS FROM CHEF TOM
If you are cutting apples in advance, keep them in a container completely covered with Sprite/7up. The citric acid in the soda will prevent the apples from turning brown and, unlike lemon juice, it will not make the apples tastes sour. The more you know.
For the past 20 years, Larry Clark, President, and Made From Scratch have donated equipment to Better Way Ministries to assist their mission during Thsanksgiving. Better Way Ministries serves over 5,000 meals to the poor and homeless at their inner city location on Thankgiving Day.
If you are interested in finding out how you can help Better Way Ministries, you may contact Wanda Campbell at 614.348.2263.
It's that time again! Made From Scratch is hiring in almost all of our departments.
We're looking for seasonal help in our Warehouse!
Catering Operations Associate:
As an Operations Associate you will be responsible for: Loading and unloading of event equipment onto vehicles, inventory upkeep and organization, delivery of food and equipment, event set up and tear down and overall upkeep of the warehouse and its contents.
The Operations Associate position requires: Weekends and occasional evening availability, ability to lift 40lbs. on a consistent basis, and must have a valid driver's license.
Compensation starts at $10/hr.
Responsible for all food preparations, following standardized recipes, while maintaining high standards of quality. Possible assistance in purchasing, inventory, and administrative. In depth knowledge of all aspects of food preparation, sanitation, menu development and implementation. Provide direct support to the Sous Chef.
* Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipe measurements, requisitions, amounts, and portioning.
* Requires at least 2 years experience in a high volume kitchen. Preferably in a banquet or catering environment
* Two year culinary degree preferred
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must be dependable and responsible with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Basic computer skills
* Operation of all standard kitchen equipment, including but not limited to; convection oven, slicer, robot coupe, tilt skillet, steamer, and mixer.
* Outstanding knife skills
* Thorough working knowledge of all food preparations, including but not limited to; garde manger, grilling, sautéing, braising, boiling, poaching, roasting, soups and sauces, and baking.
* Thorough knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
* Production and execution of all food items for event as related to assigned station
* Up hold company standards and guidelines for food preparation and presentation
* Adherence of all sanitation and safety guidelines
* Insuring that all food storage spaces are kept organized and free of debris and outdated product
* Assist in the planning and daily production of employee meals
* Working events on-site as needed, as an Expeditor or Field Chef
* Follow and implement kitchen opening/closing procedures
* Follow daily/monthly cleaning lists
* Consult daily with the Sous Chef to insure successful operational results
* Up hold all company rules and policies, and those implemented by the Executive Chef
* Must be able to work indoors and outdoors within an environment temperature of 70-110 degrees and of -10 degrees when working in freezers for one hour or more
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced and/or mobility for up to four hours in length
* Must be able to bend, squat, and lift 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 pounds
Event Consultant, Full-Time
Do you have sales, catering and/or event planning experience? Are you outgoing, hard-working, customer-oriented, computer and sofware savvy and ready to hit the ground running? Join our experienced and talented Sales Team!
The Catering and Event Planning world takes a special person, and we employ the best, brightest and most creative minds in the Columbus industry. We are now accepting resumes from candidates who reflect the following:
-Strong sales instinct
-Experience with both Inside and Outside Sales
-Strong planning, catering and/or banquet background
-Fantastic relationship-building skills
-Computer & software literate
-Ready to hit the ground running
-Existing client relationships is a plus
At Made From Scratch, the Premier caterer and event design firm in Central Ohio, not only do we supply our delicious, creatively-prepared food, we craft the entire event. Creating events throughout Central Ohio, our talented professionals coordinate in-house design and on-site production to achieve a level of excellence consistent with our clients' vision while exceeding their expectations.
Everything has been made from scratch for over three decades. We accommodate events from 10 to 5,000 guests. We have quality experience from catering over 1,000 events annually. We have access to over 100 of the city’s top venues.
Made From Scratch has state of the art sales technology, an in-house marketing department, a talented and hard-working operations staff, experienced Chefs and kitchen staff, an in-house rental company, in-house designers, full sales support, attractive offices and a large campus.
Located in Dublin.
Compensation: Base Salary plus Bonus, Full Benefits & Perks, Travel allowance.
We thank you in advance for your interest in joining our fabulous team!
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS WHO EXHIBIT THESE QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Customer-service focused personality and mentality
• Leadership: Banquet captains must be leaders, rallying their team during big events, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
• Attention to Detail: Banquet captains have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
• Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, customers and questions on our orders is part of a banquet captain's job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
• Speaking Skills: Banquet captains need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
• Knowledgeable with Catering and Banquet Events, processes and equipment.
• Must have at least 1+ years experience as a catering captain
AS A CAPTAIN, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate effectively with our Event Consultants and report thoroughly.
• While on-site, maintain direct contact with clients and Made From Scratch vendors.
• Act as the point-person for our clients and manage front-of-house at events.
• Ensure that all food and equipment is loaded on our trucks and arrive at the event.
• Follow detailed directions regarding the set-up and execution of each event.
• Perform buffet set up (if necessary) and breakdown.
• Ensure that assigned employees have reported to work and report on any absent or
• Conduct pre‐function meeting with Servers and review all information pertinent to set‐up and service of function
• After service, banquet captains often give the event coordinator or host the bill of services.
• Banquet captains can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10‐25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards
• Maintain a knowledge of Made From Scratch's food and menu
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Made From Scratch has immediate openings for part-time catering and bartending staff. You will have the opportunity to work small parties, large events, and events for prominent clients.
Catering and/or banquet service experience is helpful, but we will train those who are willing to learn and are dependable. Those with experience may have the opportunity to Captain on select events.
Pay begins at $10.00/hr for little or no experience, with opportunities to receive gratuity as well.
This is the perfect position for those looking for flexibility and/or a 2nd job.
BEFORE applying for this job, you MUST be available to work weekends!
All applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
Each Quarter, 1 review will be randomly selected to win a $50 Gift Certificate to Made From Scratch. Each review counts as 1 entry, so go ahead & get started here--the more the merrier!
We've randomly selected our third quarter review winner!!
Are you the lucky winner of our quarterly $50 gift certificate? If you left Made From Scratch a review between July and September, it's very possible! Check out this video to find out...
Be sure to leave your next review between now and December 31st for your shot at our next quarterly review $50 winner! Remember, each review counts as 1 entry, so leave as many as your heart desires!
And don't forget, your favorite Columbus Caterer is only a call away. 614-873-3344.
THANKSGIVING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!
Spend your Thanksgiving with Made From Scratch. We'll bring the yummies and any equipment you need--you can even order ahead of time and pop the food in the oven whenever you're ready. You just sit back and spend time with your loved ones, the way Thanksgiving should be done.
Want to thank your employees this year? Feast with family & friends? Leave it to Made From Scratch, your go-to Columbus catering company. Whether you're in need of a simple catering delivery or a more involved, full-service catered event, we're thankful that you're considering us. Contact us today to get started.
Book your Thanksgiving event with Made From Scratch, and we'll take 10% off your December Holiday Party! But hurry, you must book your Thanksgiving party by November 20th in order to take part in the 10% savings!! *
*10% discount is applied to food & beverage. Holiday party can take place any time in December or January, depending on when you celebrate!
Don't forget to check out our November Catering specials here!
It's easy. You can:
- Call (614-873-3344), talk details & menu with one of our Event Consultants, and we'll get started on a proposal for you right away.
- Fill out the form to the right ---> "Contact Me" and one of our Event Consultants will be in touch right away.
We've received our shipment of MFS' most recent green-initiative.... Chafo Ec0-Burners!
Used in place of Sterno, these are refillable, uber efficient, and one of the cleanest fuels available.
Just another one of the ways we're going green & practicing sustainability, using clean energy and, while we're at it, bringing energy efficiency to all of our events!
Interested in green catering for your next event? Contact Made From Scratch today!