Made From Scratch
We at Made From Scratch love to share what we do, what we're interested in, and the new adventures coming our way. We hope our blog inspires, interests, or at least entertains you! Cheers.
Made From Scratch has started a new rewards program for our clients who go the extra step to leave us a review!
Each Quarter, 1 review will be randomly selected to win a $50 Gift Certificate to Made From Scratch. Each review counts as 1 entry--so go ahead & get started here!
We've selected our first quarterly review winner!!
Are you the lucky winner of our quarterly $50 gift certificate? If you left Made From Scratch a review between April and June, it's very possible! Check out this video to find out...
Be sure to leave your next review between now and September 31st for your shot at our next quarterly review $50 winner!
In preparation for the 4th of July this weekend, check out our Pinterest Board "Red|White|Blue" for inspiration! From recipes & red, white and blue treats to decorations and tips, this board has you covered for any scratch-made Fourth celebration!!
Made From Scratch [Fine Catering & Crafted Events] is GROWING! And HIRING!
Our busy season is upon us. We're looking for some help out in the field on our wonderful events--Come party with the best in the business!
FIELD CHEF - (MADE FROM SCRATCH)
Direct Report: Executive Chef
Classification: Hourly (Part-Time)
Core Hours: AM/PM
Responsible for all food preparations, following standardized recipes, while maintaining high standards of quality. Possible assistance in purchasing, inventory, and administrative. In depth knowledge of all aspects of food preparation, sanitation, menu development and implementation.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipe measurements, requisitions, amounts, and portioning.
• Requires at least 2 years experience in a high volume kitchen. Preferably in a banquet or catering environment
• Two year culinary degree preferred
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be dependable and responsible with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills
• Operation of all standard kitchen equipment, including but not limited to; convection oven, slicer, robot coupe, tilt skillet, steamer, and mixer.
• Outstanding knife skills
• Thorough working knowledge of all food preparations, including but not limited to; garde manger, grilling, sautéing, braising, boiling, poaching, roasting, soups and sauces, and baking.
• Thorough knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
• Production and execution of all food items for event as related to assigned station
• Up hold company standards and guidelines for food preparation and presentation
• Production of the daily employee meal
• Adherence of all sanitation and safety guidelines
• Insuring that all food storage spaces are kept organized and free of debris and outdated product
• Assist in the planning and daily production of employee meals
• Working events on-site as needed
• Follow and implement kitchen opening/closing procedures
• Follow daily/monthly cleaning lists
• Consult daily with the Executive Chef to insure successful operational results
• Up hold all company rules and policies, and those implemented by the Executive Chef
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors within an environment temperature of 70-110 degrees and of -10 degrees when working in freezers for one hour or more
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced and/or mobility for up to four hours in length
• Must be able to bend, squat, and lift 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 pounds
Hourly Wage. Base hours are 8am-4pm weekdays with the occasional weekend.
We've been getting some AWESOME reviews from our clients over the past year! What do ya say you help us out one more time and cast your votes for MADE FROM SCRATCH as Best Caterer in Columbus CEO's Best of Business Survey?!
You must fill out 10 Categories for your vote to count (click the 'next' button at the bottom of each page, there are about 3 or 4 pages). At the end, fill out your contact info and email and click "submit". Each person can only vote once.
Look, we are a great caterer. But what sets us apart is that isn't ALL we do. We hand-craft our events, with linen, entertainment, lighting, tenting... we have the ability to change moods with one bite, and it is our true passion. Pass this on to ALL of your friends and family! If we can win BEST CATERER we'll be giving away some homemade honey, shagbark hickory syrup, and gift certificates!
This doesn't happen often, but sometimes circumstances out of our, or our clients', control lead to excess food after an event. Occasionally, our clients choose to take some of the leftover food with them, as long as it is still at the proper temperature. Some clients choose to send the food back with Made From Scratch, and we donate it to Mid-Ohio Foodbank Second Servings. Here they are, saving the day, picking up our unused product to benefit those in need.